Nature's Way Black Cohosh extract is standardized to 2.5% Triterpene Glycosides. Black Cohosh is the most popular herbal supplement in Europe for women experiencing change-of-life(perimenopause) symptoms. Black Cohosh provides isoflavones and other constituents that help support a woman's health during this phase of her life. The active constituents in black cohosh, that are reported to provide its medicinal value, include triterpene glycosides (e.g. acetin and deoxyactein) and isoflavones. Additional ingredients that may lend to its medicinal value include aromatic acids, resins, fatty acids, tannins, starches and sugars.As a woman reaches menopause estrogen production decreases while luteinizing hormone (LH) secretions increase. The result often is intense hot flashed. Studies suggest that black cohosh has some estrogen regulating ability and may also decrease LH secretions whereby dampening the severity of hot flashes associated with menopause.
Take 1 tablet twice daily with food or water. As with many products, consult a healthcare professional before taking this product if you are pregnant or nursing.
If you've heard of Nature's Way, or better yet, used our products, it's not surprising. We have been America's leader in herbal medicine for over 40 years. As the pre-eminent provider of health and healing through the power of nature, our commitment to quality reflects our commitment to you.
When you've been pioneering natural health for over 40 years, you develop an impressive list of “firsts” among major dietary supplement companies. Many of these innovations initiated by Nature's Way have shaped how America thinks about natural medicine. Here are just a few:
- We have a state-of-the-art, pharmaceutically licensed, industry-recognized GMP manufacturing facility, and invested in it well before it became more common to do so.
- We were the first major supplement company to be certified as an organic food processor, an important distinction as we focus on being caretakers of our resources, as well as natural medicine providers.
- We were the first to bring clinically proven, European phytomedicines to the U.S. market that had long been recognized as effective, but were new to many in this country.
- We fund major third-party organizations to responsibly disseminate trustworthy health information and ensure quality in the field at large.
- We believe that health freedoms aren't something to take for granted. As such, we champion and fund legislative efforts to guard our health.