Nature's Way Cat's Claw has a guaranteed natural potency of 3 % alkaloids. A traditional tonic herb for well being, Cat's Claw was historically used by the indigenous people of South America for its health promoting benefits. Cat's claw is thought to have anti-inflammatory effects and has been used for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Compounds in cat's claw are thought to block the body's production of inflammation-producing substances called prostaglandins and tumor necrosis factor (TNF). Cat's claw is believed to reduce pain somewhat, but it doesn't appear to have much of an effect on reducing swelling. More evidence is needed before cat's claw can be used as a treatment for arthritis. There's some evidence cat's claw may affect the immune system. Preliminary laboratory studies suggest it may halt the spread of cancer cells. A few animal studies suggest it may help with cell damage caused by chemotherapy or radiation treatment. Much more evidence is needed before it can be used as a cancer treatment, and it should never replace conventional care.
Take 3 capsules two to three times daily, preferably with food.
If you've heard of Nature's Way, or better yet, used our products, it's not surprising. We have been America's leader in herbal medicine for over 40 years. As the pre-eminent provider of health and healing through the power of nature, our commitment to quality reflects our commitment to you.
When you've been pioneering natural health for over 40 years, you develop an impressive list of “firsts” among major dietary supplement companies. Many of these innovations initiated by Nature's Way have shaped how America thinks about natural medicine. Here are just a few:
- We have a state-of-the-art, pharmaceutically licensed, industry-recognized GMP manufacturing facility, and invested in it well before it became more common to do so.
- We were the first major supplement company to be certified as an organic food processor, an important distinction as we focus on being caretakers of our resources, as well as natural medicine providers.
- We were the first to bring clinically proven, European phytomedicines to the U.S. market that had long been recognized as effective, but were new to many in this country.
- We fund major third-party organizations to responsibly disseminate trustworthy health information and ensure quality in the field at large.
- We believe that health freedoms aren't something to take for granted. As such, we champion and fund legislative efforts to guard our health.