Lactase is an enzyme found in the small intestine, liver, and kidney of mammals that catalyzes the breakdown of lactose (milk sugar) into the simple sugars glucose and galactose. Lactase is particularly abundant during infancy. The enzyme is thought to be produced by the mucous membrane cells that line the intestinal walls; granules localize in the brush border (a chemical barrier through which food must pass to be absorbed) that coats the intestinal villi.
Take three capsules as needed just prior to ingesting foods or beverages containing dairy products or lactose. Take one capsule if you are taking medications or vitamins containing lactose.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you've heard of Nature's Way, or better yet, used our products, it's not surprising. We have been America's leader in herbal medicine for over 40 years. As the pre-eminent provider of health and healing through the power of nature, our commitment to quality reflects our commitment to you.
When you've been pioneering natural health for over 40 years, you develop an impressive list of “firsts” among major dietary supplement companies. Many of these innovations initiated by Nature's Way have shaped how America thinks about natural medicine. Here are just a few:
- We have a state-of-the-art, pharmaceutically licensed, industry-recognized GMP manufacturing facility, and invested in it well before it became more common to do so.
- We were the first major supplement company to be certified as an organic food processor, an important distinction as we focus on being caretakers of our resources, as well as natural medicine providers.
- We were the first to bring clinically proven, European phytomedicines to the U.S. market that had long been recognized as effective, but were new to many in this country.
- We fund major third-party organizations to responsibly disseminate trustworthy health information and ensure quality in the field at large.
- We believe that health freedoms aren't something to take for granted. As such, we champion and fund legislative efforts to guard our health.