Vitamins, Antioxidants and Herbs to Help with Low Motility* MotilityBoost is designed to be taken with FertilAid for Men; it is not a standalone product.
MotilityBoost for Men is a non-prescription dietary supplement designed specifically for men who have been diagnosed with a low sperm motility, which along with low sperm count represents a leading cause of male infertility. MotilityBoost is not a standalone product, but rather it is designed to be taken along with FertilAid for Men.
Who Should Take MotilityBoost?MotilityBoost is designed specifically for men who have been determined to have low sperm motility, typically by way of a semen analysis (SA) conducted by a physician.
I'm Already Taking FertilAid for Men. Do I Also Need to Take MotilityBoost?FertilAid for Men is a comprehensive male fertility enhancing supplement, designed to help increase sperm count and improve sperm motility and morphology. We recommend FertilAid to all trying-to-conceive men to help ensure that the "raw materials" for healthy sperm production are available to the body, and specific antioxidants are present to help prevent oxidative stress.If, however, you believe that low sperm motility is a primary issue impacting your fertility, or if you have had a semen analysis (SA) which indicates low sperm motility, you may consider taking MotilityBoost in conjunction with FertilAid for Men.
What are the Ingredients of MotilityBoost?
- Coenzyme Q10 (Ubuquinone): Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a lipid-soluble antioxidant important in mitochondrial bioenergetics and found in seminal fluid and seminal plasma. CoQ10 has been found to improve sperm count and motility on asthenozoospermia. In one study, infertile men with reduced sperm motility were supplemented with CoQ10 for 6 months. Semen analysis was performed at the beginning of the study and again after 6 months of treatment. The results showed that oral CoQ10 supplementation increased CoQ10 levels in the seminal plasma and in sperm cells, which correlated to a significant increase in sperm motility. Another study supplemented CoQ10 or placebo in 212 infertile men with oligoasthenoteratospermia for 26 weeks. The results of the study showed that sperm density and motility significantly improved with CoQ10 treatment. Additionally, CoQ10 treatment duration was associated with sperm motility, sperm count, and sperm morphology.
- N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC): Reactive oxygen species have been shown to reduce sperm motility. Antioxidants including NAC have been shown to reduce reactive oxygen species and prevent damaging effects such as reductions in sperm motility. In one study, 120 infertile males were treated with NAC or placebo for 3 months. The study showed that compared to the men in the placebo group, the men receiving NAC supplementation had improved semen volume, motility, and viscosity. Additionally, NAC treatment resulted in increased serum total antioxidant capacity and decreased total peroxide and oxidative stress index compared with the control group.
- Quercetin: Quercetin is a potent antioxidant that has been shown to have beneficial effects on several sperm parameters. Studies indicate that treatment with quercetin for 14 days results in a significant increase in sperm motility, viability and concentration. Researchers suggest that quercetin may affect sperm quality through the stimulation of the sex organs, depending on the dose and the duration of treatment.
- Arginine: Arginine is a precursor of several compounds thought to play a role in sperm motility, including putrescine, spermidine, and spermine. Additionally, oxidation of arginine generates nitric oxide, which is also believed to play a role in fertility. L-arginine supplementation has been shown to increase sperm motility and sperm count in infertile men with oligospermia and asthenospermia. In one study, researchers investigated the effect of supplementation with L-arginine in healthy males, males with diabetes, and males with idiopathic asthenozoospermia. The study showed that men with asthenozoospermia have lower levels of spermidine in the seminal plasma and diabetic males have lower levels of both putrescine and spermidine. In vitro treatment with L-arginine resulted in increased sperm motility in men with diabetes as well as the men with asthenozoospermia.
- L-Carnitine: Carnitine is important for the development of spermatozoa, as it acts as a source of energy in the epididymis, improves sperm motility, and plays a role in sperm maturation. Research indicated that infertile men have lower levels of total carnitine in the seminal plasma compared to healthy men, particularly among men with decreased sperm motility and sperm count. Furthermore, there is a direct correlation between carnitine levels in the seminal plasma and sperm motility, vitality, and concentration.Several studies indicate that supplementation with L-carnitine improves sperm parameters. In one study, researchers supplemented L-carnitine or placebo in 100 infertile men between 20 and 40 years of age. L-carnitine was shown to significantly improve semen quality and forward sperm motility compared to placebo. In a similar study, L-carnitine was supplemented daily in 170 males for 3 months. Semen analysis was performed prior to and following the treatment period. L-carnitine supplementation increased the percentile of motile sperm and sperm with normal morphology. In addition, research has shown that supplementation with L-carnitine not only improves total sperm motility and forward sperm motility, but also results in significantly improved pregnancy rates.
- Vitamin B12 as Methylcobalamin: Various studies have demonstrated that treatment with methylcobalamin results in increased sperm motility, sperm count, motile sperm count, diameter of seminiferous tubules, and the percentage of good motile sperm with higher apparent density compared to control groups. One such study supplemented infertile men without azoospermia with methylcobalamin daily for 4 to 24 weeks. Semen analysis was performed after 8 weeks of treatment. The results indicated that 38.4 percent of the men had increased sperm concentration, 53.8 percent had increased total sperm count, 50 percent had increased sperm motility, and 50 percent had increased total motile sperm count.
- Mucuna Pruriens: Mucuna pruriens has been shown to improve sperm quality, including sperm count, sperm viability and motility, and reduce morphological damage and the number of sperm with cytoplasmic remnants.
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules, a 1-month supply.
- Contains vitamins, antioxidants, and herbal ingredients that have been scientifically demonstrated to increase sperm motility
- Safe, non-prescription formula
- Manufactured in the U.S. by a GMP-certified facility
Directions: Take 2 capsules daily in divided doses with meals.
Our mission at Fairhaven Health is to help those couples who may be struggling with their conception efforts. And for years now, we've been achieving that important goal. From preconception through pregnancy and nursing, Fairhaven Health is there - every step of the way - to provide clinically-proven products designed to safely and naturally promote fertility and pregnancy wellness. As a trusted leader in the field of reproductive health, our fertility solutions are cooperatively developed and formulated by a diverse panel of medical experts - including doctors, ObGyns, nutritionists, and naturopaths. Noted fertility expert, Amos Grunebaum, MD, plays a pivotal role in formulating our ,FertilAid, FertileCM, FertiliTea, and Pregnancy Plus product lines.
Most importantly, Fairhaven Health cares about product efficacy and quality. That's another way of saying we care about our customers and their special journeys. We integrate the best of both worlds, bringing together traditional Western (allopathic) medicine with clinically-supported research in herbal/homeopathic fields. All of our supplement products are based on clinically-established science and all manufacture is governed by strict GMP standards and third-party quality testing. Significantly, products like FertilAid for Men have undergone their own double-blind placebo-controlled studies - with remarkable, research-advancing results in improving key male fertility parameters like sperm count and motility.
Our product lines follow the natural progression from preconception to pregnancy to nursing. Our preconception products focus on fertility awareness and ovulation prediction, helping couples learn about their fertility and anticipate when they are most likely to conceive. Nutritional fertility supplements like FertilAid & FertileCM provide balance and support enhanced fertility for both women and men. Once couples receive the good news, products like Pregnancy Plus Prenatal and Pregnancy Plus Omega3 promote the prenatal health of a developing baby and help ensure pregnancy wellness for the mother - from the first days of pregnancy through the first years of nursing.